Monday, January 25, 2010

Music Playlist #1 =)

So this is the first music playlist. There will be one every week from now on. These are some of my favorite songs in no particular order. Enjoy! =)

1. Just A Girl-No Doubt
My absolute favorite band. This song is one of my favorites. It has this amazing energy and is even better live.


2. Bleed Like Me-Garbage
I'm a newcomer to Garbage but they are quickly become one of my favorites. This is their self-titled single off their 4th album, which is also my favorite album of theirs. An amazing song.


3. Don't Bother-Shakira
This is my favorite Shakira song. I remember it coming out around the same time as "Hips Don't Lie" but that song was so popular at the time that it overshadowed this song, which is one of her best.


4. That's Not My Name-The Ting Tings
I can relate to this song so much. I love the lines where Katie is singing about how they call her quiet girl but she's a riot and how she misses the catch when they throw her the ball. People typically think of me as a quiet person but I talk a lot when I'm with my friends. I am also a huge clutz, I couldn't catch a ball to save my life.


5. Punk Rock Princess-Something Corporate
I became a fan of Jack's Mannequin, who will be played later in this list, after seeing them on One Tree Hill. When I found out that Andrew was originally in Something Corporate, I had to check them out. This song always puts me in a better mood.


6. Keep On Singin' My Song-Christina Aguilera
I have a secret obsession with Christina Aguilera. She is one of my favorite artists but I will never admit it. =) She has such an amazing voice and writes amazing lyrics as well. Her new album is definitely on my list to buy as soon as it comes out. This song is from her second English-language CD, Stripped.


7. Someday-Bryan Greenberg
Bryan Greenberg is another artist I have heard of from One Tree Hill. He is not very well known in music but has been in several popular movies as well as a role in One Tree Hill during the first few seasons. His second album is said to be out sometime this year.


8. Metro-The Vincent Black Shadow
I first saw this video on fuse and loved it. I went out and as soon as I found their first album, Fears in the Water, I bought it. It amazes me at how fast she sings at some parts of the song.


9. Bleed American-Jimmy Eat World
This is the title track of my favorite Jimmy Eat World album. This album and Futures are amazing.


10. You're Not Sorry-Taylor Swift
By this point, the entire world has heard of Taylor Swift. This song is sad but one of my favorites.


11. Angel-Kate Voegele
Kate Voegele is another one of those artists that are not very well known. She came to some fame after her supporting role on One Tree Hill as Mia. This song is from her second album "A Fine Mess" and is my favorite album of hers.


12. DJs-Sublime
Amazing song, enough said. :)


No Doubt cover
No Doubt covered this song during the Live in the Tragic Kingdom tour and also brought it back during the Summer 2009 tour. It is such an amazing cover that I had to put it on the list.


13. The Mixed Tape-Jack's Mannequin
Lead singer Andrew McMahon is also the lead singer of Something Corporate who was featured earlier in the playlist. Jack's Mannequin is one of my favorite bands. This is the first song I heard by them and one of my favorites.


14. Halo-Bethany Joy Galeotti
Wonderful song. I wish she was more well known. She currently has music with her group Everly available on iTunes.


15. Lovesong-The Cure
The first song I ever heard by The Cure and I immediately fell in love with lovesong.



That is all the music for this week. If you liked something you heard, you can easily buy it through amazon in the box on the sidebar. (and most of their prices are cheaper than iTunes) =)

No comments:

Post a Comment