Monday, January 18, 2010

19039 & 175940

I can't figure out time anymore. When you're little, time seems to stretch on forever.

But now the days go by quickly while the weeks drag on so slowly. And then at the same time the months are flying by so fast you can't even see them go.

2010 is definitely going to be a different year for me. So much is going to change, and all good I hope. I will turn 18 two weeks from today and that thought is still surreal. It's crazy to believe. I remember being like 6 and 7 and just waiting until the day I turned 16 and 18 so that I could drive and be on my own. It doesn't seem like that long ago. It's crazy and scary and awesome and strange.

And then in four months I will graduate high school. And that in itself has certainly been a challenge. I was homeschooled until I was supposed to be in the 5th grade. When I was put into the public school, the principal and teachers believed that I should be held back a year. Finally last year I had had enough of being constantly put with people younger than me and many of them were incredibly immature. So I got things worked out where I will basically graduate in 3 years. I had to drop a class and move some stuff around in my schedule as well as take a class online. But now I am officially a senior and things are finally starting to fall into place.

I got into the college I wanted to go to. It was the only place I really wanted to go. In fact, it was the only place I applied. It's expensive as it's a private school, but as soon as I stepped onto that campus a year ago, I knew that I wanted to go there. Thankfully I got quite a bit of money through scholarships from the school and I should get more money from other scholarships through other places.

So this was my nostalgic post I guess :) Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment